Saturday, February 21, 2009

Middle Creek & Wildwood



I decided to break my rule and post three pictures, my favorites of the day! Today we went to Middle Creek Lake (Got up at 5:30, woohoo!) so that I could see the Snow Geese migration. I wanted sunrise, and my nutty dad got me there in time. Then we headed to Harrisburg where we stopped by the Wildwood Nature Center. They have big glass windows and bird feeders outside of them, and I caught the Red-Bellied (one would think the would be the red-headed but they're not!) Woodpecker, which was awesome! Last but not least, we stopped by the Susquehanna river to watch some trains go by, and these beautiful ice statues were hanging there. It was breath taking. As the tide came up they got slowly worked into these crazy ice formations. Just a little of the amazing things God has given us in this world.

1 comment:

Bob Spalding said...

You captured a natural wonder in this picture. I live in California and I will never see one of these in my lifetime but it sure was impressive seeing this one.