Thursday, July 30, 2009

History Forgotten

We have a missionary house guest staying with us currently, and she loves history & historical places such as I do, - So we went on a history tour of the county! This is one of the oldest covered bridges in the state.
A cool old gas pump (imagine, 16 cents a gallon!) and a hawk we saw flying over the marsh. I thought maybe it was an Red-Tailed Hawk, but I'm not positive. Anyone have dis/agree?

Two pictures from an abandoned schoolhouse. Unfortunately the roof had fallen in, and it was deteriorating fast. This last shot is from an abandoned church. It was a really neat church, and had a huge cemetery behind it. I would have loved to go inside it! So yes, a good picture day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. =)

Leah said...

Oh I love them ALL!! I especially love the one of the bridge. Amazing...