Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Lens!

I got a new lens today! I ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived today. I've had my camera for almost two years, so some new glass is really exciting. It's a Minolta fixed 50mm, 1.7. It's so fast, and the DOF is amazing! No lie! See how shallow the focus in the picture is? It's crazy awesome ! A little tricky, any slight move and you've got an eyebrow instead of an eye in focus. Expect a lot of pictures from it coming up! Also..re-did the signature at the bottom of my pictures, I'm still working on it though. Thoughts?

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow!! It looks like it is one AWESOME lens!! :) I remember when I got mine...I was SO excited, so I know exactly how you feel!! Keep those awesome photos coming!!! :)

I also really like your new signature! :)
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!!!!!! That is a totally awesome shot. I presume you use manual focus...? It's real cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, and the new siggy is great!

Sandie said...

Awesome shot!! I like the siggy, too. :D

Leah said...

Wow!! Have fun! I have my eye set on a Canon 50mm-250mm telephoto lens. Now I just have to wait for the right time to get it.

I can't wait to see your new pictures!!

I really like your signature! :) It's perfect I think. :P

Sara said...

Wow, thanks for the response everyone! I'll keep the pictures coming strong. :) Hannah - I believe I shot this one in manual, I'm not sure. Most likely though!

Rachel Kimberly said...

Wow, that is so cool! I've been itching to get a new lens, but it'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

Congrats!